Getting ready to launch your new embroidery home business? Taking your hobby to the next level can be an expensive process.
Read on to find my top four picks for the best embroidery machine for a small business.
Best Embroidery Machine For A Small Business: Quick Overview
|Singer 14CG754||Brother 1034D||Brother PE540D||Janome MB-4S|
|Check price||Check price||Check price||Check price|
Get the best start for your new business
When starting your own small business the right equipment can make or break you. Sure, buying a cheaper machine might save you a bit of cash at the start but it’s not going to help when it is unable to cope with the rigors of professional use.
Spending a bit extra when buying your new machine will ensure you get a quality item that will last you for a long time.
One thing I want to point out before I get to the reviews is yes, these machines can cost a lot of money. The simple fact is that a small machine with a single needle is just won’t be enough for a home business.
I have chosen four different machines for you to consider, 2 budget machines and 2 pricey machines. They’re all great, but you will have to make a choice depending on your skill level and how serious you are about your small business.
Singer 14CG754 ProFinish
Oh how I wish something like the Singer ProFinish was available when I was first starting out. As with all singer products the build quality is second to none and the range of features is expansive.
The cheapest model on my list means that this is perfect for those just starting out with their small business. With many machines running into the thousands it is refreshing to find that Singer has provided for those with a limited budget.
Don’t let yourself be fooled by the cheap price however, this machine has all you need to create professional standard embroidery and is sturdy enough to cope with the extra demand placed upon machines used on a daily basis.
- Excellent build quality
- Great for buyers on a tight budget.
- Up to 4 thread capability providing stitch variety.
- Multiple hem options.
- Adjustable stitch width and length.
- Easy thread system.
- Effortless tension control.
- Sews 1,300 stitches per minute.
- For its price and complete range of features there really isn’t anything wrong with this product. A great choice for a fledgeling home business.
|Lowest price for: Singer 14CG754|
Our second budget machine, The Brother 1034D is another great choice for a small home business. Offering everything a professional embroiderer needs to grow their business without costing a small fortune.
I personally have owned and operated many different Brother machines and can attest to the quality of their products. You can be sure your new machine isn’t going to suddenly break down and leave you unable to fulfill your customers orders.
This machine is incredibly simple to operate. For those that need a little more instruction the Brother 1034D comes with an instructional CD that features step by step directions on the setting up and operating of your new machine.
- Very high build quality.
- Adjustable stitch width.
- 22 different stitch functions.
- Specialty stitch functions for formal and bridal wear.
- Differential fabric feed.
- Easy threading system.
- Up to 1,300 stitches per minute.
- Brightly lit needle area.
- Can not chain stitch.
- Not suitable for countries that don’t support 120V AC.
|Lowest price for: Brother 1034D|
Brother PE540D 4×4 Embroidery Machine
If you are looking for a machine that can do fine detail embroidery, you can’t do much better than this excellent machine by Brother. It’s a perfect addition to a small home business and augments any machines you may already have.
It already has many designs preloaded but also allows you to upload new designs from your computer. This is crucial when creating custom designs for your growing customer base. An easy to read LCD screen allows you to control everything with just a touch of your finger.
You would think that a machine with so much functionally would cost the same as some of the other commerical machines, not so with the Brother PE540D. This high quality embroidery machine sits firmly in the affordable price range.
- Excellent price.
- Designed for intuitive use.
- Back-lit LCD display with touch screen functionality.
- Connect to a computer to import any custom design.
- 105 included designs.
- 5 lettering fonts included.
- Excellent manual and quick reference guide.
- 25 year guarantee.
- Lifetime online and telephone support.
- Only supports a 4×4 hoop.
|Lowest price for: Brother PE540D|
Janome MB-4S Commercial 4 Needle Embroidery Machine
This top of the range machine is the Janome MB-4S. Once your business has taken off and you’re really stacking up orders it’s time to invest in a more substantial workhorse.
Compatible with 10 different industry standard hoops the MB-4S is clearly designed with the small business user in mind. The backlit LCD screen allows for many customization options which allows you to offer the full range of services to your clients.
Connect to a computer to upload any custom design you or your clients can think of. Take your business to the next level with this excellent machine.
- A high quality machine suitable for an expanding home business.
- Easy threading system.
- Remote computer screen for editing.
- LED light illuminates the work area.
- Bobbin winder works even while machine is stitching.
- Store up to 1,5 million stitches or 100 designs.
- Compatible with multiple hoop sizes.
- Due to the very expensive price this machine is really only suitable for an established small business.
|Lowest price for: Janome MB-4S|
Best Embroidery Machine For Small Business: Final thoughts
When buying a machine for a small business it is important to consider price and functionality.
Spending over $4,000 is a huge investment and should only really be made after you have an established client base and need the extra power to complete your orders in time.
What would I buy if I had to start over? Probably the Singer 14CG754.