There are countless different embroidery software packages out there, how do you know which one is right for you? Here I will explain why you need a software package, how it can benefit you, and then finish off with a review of the best embroidery software packages that I love to use.
Best Embroidery Software: Quick Overview
|Embrilliance Essentials||BuzzXplore v2 Premier|
|Check price||Check price|
What is embroidery software?
Embroidery software unlocks the true potential of your machine, allowing you to design your own patterns, create custom fonts or even turn scanned images into patterns. Many machines will come with their own software packages, but more often than not, these are very basic with limited features.
Before choosing your software I would consider the following:
- Operating system compatibility – Most packages will be available on multiple operating systems so make sure you choose the right one when making your purchase.
- Supports your machine – Check that the software you want to purchase supports your embroidery machine. A lot of software packages will support multiple machines, all products will list the machines they are compatible with.
- Required features – Before you buy have a good hard think about what you need your software to do. Many software packages will specialize, some will cover a wider range of applications. This means you can choose something that is perfect for you.
- After sales service – Many companies will over after sales service in the form of technical support for those having trouble installing the software. This is great for those of us, like me, that aren’t technically minded.
How does embroidery software help?
I remember when I first felt the need to upgrade from the stock software, I needed to resize a design and my current software couldn’t do it. A couple of hours later I had the right package and could resize my design and carry on with my project.
Some of the ways you can benefit from a great software package are:
- Design your own patterns, let your imagination run wild.
- Easily organize and keep track of your collection of patterns.
- Convert your patterns to any format, suitable for a wide range of machines.
- See how your designs “sew out” and get a look at what the finished product looks like.
- Easily resize any pattern or design.
- Check different colour schemes to get the best result.
As you can see the benefits are many and the right software can really help you move your embroidery to the next level.
Whether you are looking to expand your creativity by designing your own patterns or to add a more professional finish to lettering and logos, there is a package suitable for the task.
Obviously not everyone has the same needs and some software packages are very specific in what they do. The two packages I have reviewed both do very different things. The first is an all-in-one design package while the second is more of an organizational tool.
Whatever your need there will be a software package that is ideal for you. Below are two of my favorite software packages, read on to find out why.
Embrilliance Essentials Embroidery Machine Software
Embrilliance is a fantastic and comprehensive software package. Perfect for beginners and enthusiasts alike, Embrilliance features a wide range of features from resizing to simulators. I love this software, it’s so easy to use and I can do almost everything I want with it. Its available on Mac or Windows PC, so your make of computer shouldn’t restrict you. My favorite feature is that it allows me to write to USB devices and floppy disks so even my older embroidery machines can take advantage of this great software.
- Available on Windows and Mac.
- Merge, resize, rotate and flip.
- 12 included fonts.
- Removes under stitching when overlapping designs.
- Simulators to show how your designs will sew.
- Great price.
- Really easy to understand and use software.
- Can’t digitize Jpegs, PNGs etc.
|Lowest price for: Embrilliance Essentials|
BuzzXplore v2 Premier Embroidery Design Management
Once the embroidery bug hits it doesn’t take long until you have so many patterns it’s impossible to find the one you are looking for. BuzzXplore is an all-in-one design management package that makes it easier than ever before to organise and view your various patterns.
With many downloadable pattern collections containing upwards of 10,000 patterns, sorting through them all manually can be a real pain. BuzzXplore provides a way to quickly find, view and convert any pattern you have saved.
With its simple and intuitive user interface BuzzXplore is suitable for beginners, while its plentiful features ensure enthusiasts will find it useful as well.
- Easy to use and intuitive user interface.
- Organize all your patterns in one place.
- 3D viewer allows you to see what a finished pattern will look like.
- Organize your patterns into categories.
- Easily converts all common embroidery formats.
- Great value for money.
- Compatible for Windows XP through to Windows 10
- Windows only, so those with Macs are left out.
|Lowest price for: BuzzXplore v2 Premier|
The best embroidery software: Some final thoughts
Its very hard to define what the best embroidery software is. A beginner that just wants to try their hand at a custom pattern will have very different needs from the professional that needs to overlap two images.
The two software packages reviewed are great all round products suitable for everyday use. With such a wide range of products covering every possible application it’s easy to get the right software for the right job.
A good software package really does unlock the potential in your embroidery machines. A world where hundreds and thousands of patterns are available online for free. Create any pattern you can imagine and see what it would look like as a finished product.
As you can probably tell I really love the freedom that software delivers, allowing you to create ever more beautiful designs and letting your imagination run wild.